I got this bottle of strawberry daiquiri before I went to Manila for a two-month stay with my sister. When I came back home, I was surprised the daiquiri was still in our fridge. I cannot drink all of it so I thought of making strawberry daiquiri cupcakes. 🙂 This would be my first time to bake with some alcohol as one of the ingredients and I hope it would be delicious as all the rest of the goodies I have baked in the Wonder Pot. I was not able to get fresh strawberries for the mixture so I replaced it with strawberry yogurt with bits of real strawberries.
Strawberry Daiquiri Cupcakes
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup butter
2 egg whites
2/3 cup daiquiri mix, liquid
1/2 vanilla extract
1 cup strawberry yogurt (or strawberry mixture)
1. Blend all dry ingredients together.
2. Cut into butter and fold in egg whites until batter is combined.
3. Take the daiquiri mix and stir until moistened, finish by folding the strawberry yogurt and vanilla until well blended.
4. Pour evenly in cupcake liner.
5. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
Cream Cheese Frosting
1/4 cup butter
4 oz cream cheese
1 cup powdered sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1. Cream the butter and cream cheese together until combined.
2. Add the vanilla extract and mix.
3. Add the powdered sugar, continually taste to get desired sweetness.
4. Piped into cooled cupcakes.